- 1 -1/4 cup ground nuts or graham cracker crumb or any combination
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted
- 4 packages of room temperature cream cheese.
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 2 cups processed pumpkin (1 can will work here)
- 1 3/4 cups sweetened condensed milk*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tblsp flour (can use rice flour or coconut flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp mace
- 4 threads of saffron ( Optional: I only make this once a year and I splurge)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- To make the crust blitz the ingredients together and press them into the bottom of a springform pan. If you want to bake this for 10 minutes at 30 degrees you can but I don’t bother.
- Mix cream cheese and eggs until well creamed.
- Add remaining ingredients one at a time.
- Pour over the crust in spring form pan.
- Place in oven and cook for 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean. The cheesecake will fluff up like a souffle a bit.
- Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool in the oven.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 cups organic whole milk
- 1 stick butter
- 4 1/2 cups organic evaporated cane juice
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Melt the stick of butter in a 3 quart sauce pan.
- Add milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for for an hour or until the mixture reaches 235 degrees; stirring frequently.
- Take it off the heat and allow to cool. This thickens as it cools, so don’t worry if it isn’t as thick when it is hot.
Published by Stephany Riley Hoffelt
If you want to read more about me, it's on the website www.domestic-medicine.com
View more posts